1. Where are your classes currently located?
We will continue to conduct our fall classes at the White Dragon of East County in El Cajon! This location is providing JKW and its students with the space, privacy, and interactivity necessary to create an optimal learning environment.
1. Will you be moving locations?
We are in the process of securing a long term lease that we can alter into a classroom that can provide the learning environment our students deserve. Right now, we are exploring all of our options, including churches, commercial leases, and other martial arts studios. If you or a family member/friend know of any available premises, please reach out and let us know!
2. Do you allow drop-offs?
3. Can siblings take classes together, despite the specified grade range on courses?
4. What is the non-refundable $25 deposit?
The deposit is required to reserve your child's spot in JKW classes. It is only non-refundable if you withdraw from the class. If you are paying out-of-pocket, the $25 deposit will be deducted from the total balance of the class. If you are paying through charter funds, you will receive a refund once we have received full payment for the class.
5. Do you offer a military discount?
6. What is the duration of a semester and of classes?
Monday classes are typically structured as 15-week semester-long courses, Tuesday - Thursday classes are typically structured as 16-week semester-long courses. The majority of our classes have a duration of 55 minutes per session. However, please refer to the course descriptions for specific information regarding the duration of each class, as some classes or camps may have different durations based on their unique requirements.
Core classes meet twice a week.
7. Is it possible to enroll in a class during the spring semester, even if the course began in the fall and spans the entire year?
8. Can I observe my child's class?
We encourage parents to assist their children in getting acquainted with the drop-off process on the first day of class. While parents are generally not allowed to remain in the class, we provide a comfortable reception area where parents are welcome to sit and wait. Exceptions to this rule may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
9. Is there a space for kids to eat lunch? What is your policy for food on site concerning children with food allergies?
We recognize the importance of food allergies and take the necessary precautions to ensure a safe environment for all our students. Prior to the start of classes, we collect detailed information about any food allergies that students may have. It is our strict policy not to allow nuts in our facility, mitigating the risk for students with nut allergies.
We understand that snacking during class can be necessary, especially for the younger students too. Therefore, we allow students to have snacks during class as long as it does not become a distraction to their learning and provided that no students have allergies to the particular snack being consumed. Additionally, for students who are attending classes for a full day, we set up a table where they can enjoy their meals during their lunch break.
10. Can we see/tour your facility prior to registration?
11. My charter starts 1 week after your classes start. Will my child have to miss the first week?
For families whose children attend charter schools with a start date after our semester begins, we have implemented an honor system. Parents are still welcome to have their children attend classes during the first week by placing the required deposit and assuring us that the necessary certificate will be sent promptly.
12. How do I know which classes are filled?